Quality Engineer (m/f)
SRAM LLC is one of the world's largest suppliers of components to the bike industry. Established in Chicago in 1987, SRAM continues to promote cycling through its products, its advocacy, and its employees who are dedicated to improving the cycling experience.
Today, SRAM employs more than 3,800+ people in 15+ locations across 15+ countries. SRAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Constantly strive to increase the ratio of value to non-value and eliminate waste
- Ensure that the value stream meets or exceed customer requirements
- Define current state of the quality measures and quality processes for given product family
- Create a future state plan to improve quality in the short to mid-term
- Lead the implementation of said plan
- Evaluated on the achievement of the value stream improvement plan
- Remove and elevate roadblocks
- As time in position increases, shift to longer-term value stream improvements
- Understand the complete value stream for assigned product families for both new product development and operations after product launch
- Lead and mobilize the people inside and outside of the value stream to enable required changes
- Ensure the day-to-day quality processes within the value stream are achieved while improvements are being made
- Make data based decisions
- Work to keep solutions as simple as possible
- Flexible working time models
- Excellent work environment and flat hierarchies
- Company pension plan with an employer contribution
- Innovative working environment with a range of benefits and employee events
Be responsible for the overall product quality for a given product family (value stream) throughout the complete product lifecycle.
EDUCATION / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5 years’ work experience in an engineering or manufacturing related role
- Ability to motivate individuals in the value stream to change
- Ability to see the larger picture beyond just detailed issues
- Thorough understanding of quality core tools
- Demonstrated proficiency using and teaching quality tools needed to drive improvement activities for complex product, process, or system issues
- Hands on problem solver
- Ability to travel up to 25% (one week a month), including internationally
If you like challenges and could imagine to be working in a dynamic, internationally successful team we invite you, to learn more about us. Please send your English application (at least cover letter and curriculum vitae) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, feel free to contact our human resources manager Tina Stockhausen (Tel.: 09721-2923443).